Japanese Silk Fabric Framed Matsukazari 松飾
Size: approx. H66×W44
Silk fabric is Made in Japan, framed by a Maltese frame maker.
This product cannot be shipped outside Malta including Gozo.
A beautiful piece of Japanese silk fabric with a design of Matsu – pine trees and a bit of Sakura (cherry blossoms).
The base is black and some pine trees are embroidered with gold thread and two pine trees are pasted with gold leaf.
Many calming colours including yellow, pink, purple, orange, blue and green are also used to create an elegant and an eye-catching piece.
Pine trees in Japan have been considered as auspicious pattern.
Main reasons are
– Highly disciplined, as it endures the wind and snow, and keep the evergreens even in the cold and intense heat.
– The pine is a sign of longevity.
– The color of the leaves does not change throughout the four seasons, it is called “常盤木Tokiwagi” and has been a symbol of auspiciousness as an auspicious tree
– Wooden frame gold gilded
– The mounting (border) is acid free made with paper and cotton
– The backing is humid protected and acid free
*This product cannot be shipped outside Malta including Gozo.